Protecting Personal Information
Information Collected by Earthtory
Personal information you provide the company: The information you enter into Earthtory homepage as you use this service and the information you provide the company through different paths are received and kept by Earthtory. The collected personal information might contain your name, password, email account, account name for Google and/or Facebook, information about your use of this service, and browser information. When you use this service through a mobile device, your location information will be automatically sent to us in order to provide us with customized information. The personal information you provide will let you set up user’s account and profile, with which you will be able to interact with other users through this service. The company can use this personal information in order to study the effectiveness of network and service and develop new tools for online community.
Information provided by 3rd parties: We can receive information from a 3rd party that provides services to us and are affiliated with our service and we can keep the information.
Safety of Personal Information
Your personal information on the Earthtory account is protected by a password for the protection and security of your personal information. You can select and protect your password to prevent unauthorized access to your account and information. You can also restrict access of your computer and browser by logging off from your account after using the service. It is highly recommended that you log off from your account when you use a computer that is shared by others.
Earthtory puts effort into protecting the users’ information so that the privacy of users’ account information is maintained. However, Earthtory cannot guarantee the safety of users’ account information. Unauthorized access or use, failure in hardware or software can harm the users’ information at any time.
The company operates a ‘cookie’ that regularly saves and finds your information. A ‘cookie’ is a very little text file the server used for operating service sends to your browser. The cookie is saved in your computer or cell phone.
- Objective of the use of the cookies: For target marketing and providing individually customized services by analyzing the frequency of use and visiting time of members and non-members, grasping and tracing tastes and interests of the users, grasping the frequency of participating in events and the number of visits, etc. You have the right to choose to install the cookie. Hence, you can allow every cookie, or go through confirmation every time cookies are saved, or reject to save any cookie in your web browser setting.
- How to reject cookies: Select ‘option’ on your web browser to allow every cookie, or go through confirmation every time cookies are saved, or reject to save any cookie on our computer. In case of rejecting installing cookies, you might have difficulty using the service.
Earthtory is not for children under the age of 14. Please report to firstname.lastname@example.org
if you find out that your child(ren) has provided information to the company without your consent. The company does not intentionally collect the personal information from children under the age of 14. When the company finds out that a child under the age of 14 has provided personal information to itself, the company will delete the corresponding information and terminate the child’s account.
Observance of the Law
Earthtory complies with related laws of the Republic of Korea. By principle, the company deletes personal information without delay once the objectives of collecting and using personal information are realized. However, when required by the related laws, the company can keep members’ information for a specific period as stipulated by the related law and the keeping period is as follows:
- Kept information: ID, password, email account, record of service use, access log, cookie, connection IP information;
- Grounds for keeping: Consumer Protection Law on online business, the use and protection of Credit Information Act;
- Keeping period: 5 years;
- Records regarding mark/advertisement: 6 months (Consumer Protection Law on online business);
- Records on contracts or contract termination: 5 years (Consumer Protection Law on online business);
- Records regarding collection/management and use of credit information: 3 years (the use and protection of credit information act).
Posts on the Service
The company values customers’ posts and puts forth our best efforts into protecting them from getting altered, damaged, or deleted. However, the company can take appropriate actions including deleting, blocking, altering, requesting to alter, warning, stopping service, etc regarding following posts:
1. Spam posts (Example: chain letter, 800 million email, advertisement for specific sites, etc);
2. Posts that spread facts or false facts with a purpose to slander others and damage other people’s honor;
3. Posts with contents that violate other people’s rights such as copyright or portrait rights and publicizing the information of others without their consent;
4. Posts that violate other laws or public morals and that do not fit in the theme of the board;
5. In case of publicizing the information of others without their consent, the company can delete specific parts of it or replace them with symbols and post them in order to vitalize a beneficial posting culture;
6. For other cases, the company can give an explicit or individual warning beforehand and delete posts;
7. By principle, the rights and responsibility regarding posts are borne by the individuals who posted them. Also, please consider carefully before posting, as the information voluntarily exposed through a post cannot be protected.
Provision of Information to 3rd Parties
1. The company can provide your personal information to 3rd parties in order to provide better services to members.
- Provided personal information: ID, email account, record of service use, access.
- Objectives for using the provided information: provision of contents, purchase and payment, delivery of products or sending invoice, statistics on the use of services.
2. We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary as below.
- To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
3. The company has a designated person in charge of personal information in order to protect our customers’ personal information and deal with complaints regarding personal information. Should you have any inquiry regarding your personal information, please contact the person in charge of personal information through the email below.
- email: email@example.com
You can report any complaint regarding personal information arose while using our service to the person in charge of personal information or the corresponding division. The company will reply promptly regarding the reports. Should you have anything to report or consult regarding the violation of personal information, please contact the following organizations.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (www.118.or.kr
- ePRIVACY i-SAFE (www.eprivacy.or.kr
- High-Tech Crimes Investigation Division at Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office (http://cybercid.spo.go.kr
- Terror Response Center at the National Police Agency (www.ctrc.go.kr